Tortilla Española with Roasted Garlic Aioli and Sangria
Tortilla Española is a mainstay of the Spanish diet, it can be served hot or cold, on cocktail sticks with chorizo sausage or in slices on a crusty baguette. It’s super easy to make and delicious to taste, so which ingredients do you need? You’ll need potatoes, olive oil and free-range eggs, plus a sprinkling of sea salt and freshly ground pepper. That’s it! Jamie Oliver has a simple, tasty recipe on his website which anyone can make.
How to make Tortilla Española
1. Peel & slice approximately 280 grams of potatoes into small cubes and heat with olive oil in a pan, continuing to stir coating them. Turn your hob to a low setting and add salt and pepper before covering and cooking on a low heat for a further 20 minutes until tender.
2. Break 4-5 eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly adding seasoning as you do so. Then mix the potatoes and eggs together thoroughly. Staying on a low heat setting, cook together in a pan for a further 20 minutes, uncovered.
3. You can intermittently shape the edges with a spatula or palette knife and when there’s no liquid remaining on the surface, turn the omelette and cook on the opposite side until ready. Place a plate on top of your pan and turn so the omelette transfers effortlessly onto the plate.
To make the Aioli
Roasted garlic aioli is a simple to make accompaniment which tastes delicious. All you need is garlic, olive oil, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and stock.
1. Roast bulbs of garlic drizzled with olive oil in aluminium foil until tender.
2. When it cools pop the peeled garlic into a blender adding the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
3. Place it in the fridge for a couple of hours to infuse all the flavours, then serve in a ramekin on the side.
For the Sangria
This easy to make, fun in the sun beverage contains red wine, orange juice, lemonade, mint, ice cubes and sliced oranges and lemons to decorate. Add all the ingredients into a jug and keep adding the wine until it’s to your desired taste. Simple.