ASW Winter Weekend 2019 - Gstaad X - Gstaad
Gstaad X, our 10-year anniversary, will be a celebration of the eXtraordinary, where we celebrate the colourful journey of this amazing community over the course of a decade.
Please note that this year's ASW Winter Weekend will include 3 nights (instead of the usual 2), with an extra night on Sunday. After all the festivities on Friday and Saturday evening, Sunday will be a day to relaX and enjoy the beautiful Swiss Alps, share our memories during a laid back lunch, followed by a casual Sunday night dinner.
As a reminder what it feels like to celebrate with us, check out last year's event video:
We are looking forward to seeing you in Gstaad for this eXtraordinary event!
247 members and guests from 48 cities attended
Here's what you should expect this year:
- To start the exhilarating weekend of festivities, on Friday evening we gather together for a 1920's Transatlantic Voyage themed dinner and personal welcome apéro at the majestic Gstaad Palace, also our home for the weekend! We continue the festivities with an after-party at GreenGo Club, the world famous nightclub that always delivers the best experience.
- After Friday's evening of excess and extravagance, on Saturday we will head over to the gorgeous scenery of Wasserngrat to feel refreshed and recharged in the glorious mountain air while indulging in a traditional and hearty Swiss cheese fondue with live performances.
- On Saturday evening, we will get glammed up for the black-tie ASW Foundation Gala Dinner, followed by an extravagant after-party in the lobby of the Gstaad Palace.
- On Sunday, Guests can enjoy revelling in exciting indoor and outdoor activities on their own or with a group, before attending our La Notte Italiana final farewell dinner together to round off a truly exceptional trip with the beautiful ASW crowd.
- 1.00pm onwards: Arrival and check-in at the Gstaad Palace
- 7.30pm: Captain’s Apéro in The Lobby
- 8.30pm: 1920's Transatlantic Voyage themed dinner (please see dress code for more information)
- 11.30pm until late: NYC Prohibition After-Party at GreenGo
Day 2: Saturday, December 14th
- 8.00am - 11.00am: Breakfast
- 12.00pm - 3.30pm: Après-ski inspired Fondue Lunch on the Wasserngrat mountain-top
- 7.30pm: Black-tie Apéro at Le Bar du Grill
- 8.30pm: ASW Foundation Gala Dinner in the Salle Baccarat
- 11.30pm: After-Party with live band in the Lobby
Day 3: Sunday, December 15th
- 11.00am - 1.00pm Brunch
- Afternoon activities (see below)
- 5.30pm - 7.00pm Monaco Inspired Spritz and Special Prize Draw
- 8:00pm: La Notte Italiana Farewell Dinner
Day 4: Monday, December 16th
- 8am - 11am: Breakfast
- Until 12.00pm: Check-out and departure
- Full Weekend (1 PAX): CHF 1,200
- Friday night: “The Roaring Twenties” dress code inspired by the “1920s Transatlantic Voyage” theme
1920s fashion icons, from the flapper girls to the silver screen startlets, were some of the most famous in history.
Female fashion icons sch as Marlene Dietrich, Greta Garbo, Coco Chanel, and Zelda Fitzgerald inspired women to explore fashion live never before, with more androgynous styles, undefined hemlines and straighter, flowing dresses.
For men, the prohibition era was characterised by the fashion of Al Capone, Jay Gatsby, Charles Lindbergh, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and the Peaky Blinders.
- Saturday lunch: Alpine Chic
- Saturday ASW Foundation Gala Dinner: Black Tie
- Sunday Brunch: Casual attire
- Sunday Farewell Dinner: Smart casual
About Smiling Gecko
Smiling Gecko, is a charity dedicated to helping children and families in rural Cambodian communities who face hardship.
Their vision is to create model rural communities that, after overcoming initial challenges, can operate as self-sustained entities, providing education and training that will earn people dignity and gainful employment. To provide these communities with a decent life, Smiling Gecko provide them with aid that will have a lasting effect and address the hardship faced within their communities.
Smiling Gecko Projects
Smiling Gecko has adopted a holistic approach aimed at improving the quality of life of an entire community through cluster projects. Since 2014, Smiling Gecko has built an open cluster model of living to improve the quality of life for rural Cambodians. Within the cluster is agriculture, crafts, tourism and catering, as well as schooling and education. All projects are of course interlinked.The medium term goal is to have the cluster finance itself. Cluster projects create model rural communities that operate as self-sustained entities and offer education and training for gainful employment in jobs. The cluster project model will make a substantial contribution to the sustainable growth of the Cambodian economy by 2050.
Please note that some of these activities are not included in the official ASW Winter Weekend programme, and as such will incur an additional cost for ASW Members and Guests.
1.30pm – 4.30pm: Ski Experience with a private instructor (320CHF upon reservation)
1.30pm – 3.30pm: “Green is the new Glam” Detox Bar and “Quick Fix” Massages hosted by Visit Monaco
1.30pm – 6.30pm: La Suite Beauté by Bellefontaine (upon reservation)
1.30pm – 4.30pm: Rolls Royce Test Drive Experience (upon reservation)
1.30pm – 3.30pm: Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride (60CHF upon reservation)
3.00pm – 5.30pm: Afternoon Tea and Board Games provided by Le Vie del Té
5.30pm – 7.30pm: Visit Monaco Spritz and Special Prize Draw
- Deluxe room: CHF 480 per night (valued at CHF 650)
- Junior suite: CHF 660 per night (valued at CHF 1,750)
When great people meet, magical things happen! This is why we give our community a global platform to meet amazing people across the world. We encourage and inspire each other to explore, we share advice and knowledge, we open doors for each other and we help each other to live life to the fullest!
Founded in 2004 as one of the first social networks, ASMALLWORLD is the world's leading lifestyle community. We combine the traditions of a country club with the power of a digital platform to connect our members, both online, and more importantly, in real life. Today, we are an essential meeting point for global citizens from all corners of the world.
To create opportunities for our members to meet and share experiences, we organise more than 1000 events each year. And our website and mobile apps allow our members to meet other members at home or while traveling, engage in discussions with each other and exchange knowledge and advice.
We welcome new members by invitation from current members or via a thoroughly screened application.